estellerouhaud [at] gmail.com
Estelle Rouhaud specialises in the field of climate change adaptation research and policy, with a particular focus on the Sub-Saharan African and French settings. She is currently a climate adaptation project manager within the Advisory and Strategy Department of the consulting company Suez Consulting. She undertakes climate vulnerability analysis and devises adaptation strategies at different levels (community, local government, private sector).
Previous positions held include at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics, the London-based international affairs think-tank Chatham House and a small non-governmental organisation called Action for a Global Climate Community.
Her collaboration with the CEARC started in 2018 through its Master’s Degree on climate adaptation and went on specifically through a research on coastal flooding on the French Atlantic Coast with the post-Xynthia case study.
- Harvey, B., Huang, Y-S., Araujo, J., Vincent, K., Roux, J-P., Rouhaud, E. et Visman, E. (2021) Mobilizing Climate Information for Decision-Making in Africa: Contrasting User-Centered and Knowledge-Centered Approaches. Frontiers in Climate. Accessible ici
- Vincent, K., Conway, D., Dougill, A., Pardoe, J., Archer, E., Gajanan Bhave, A., Henriksson, R., Mittal, N., Mkwambisi, D., Rouhaud, E., and Tembo-Nhlema, D. (2020) Re-balancing climate services to inform climate-resilient planning – a conceptual framework and illustrations from sub-Saharan Africa, Climate Risk Management, 29, 100242; Accessible ici
- Gannon, K., Crick, F., Atela, J., Babagaliyeva, Z., Batool, S., Bedelian, C., Carabine, E., Conway, D., Diop, M., Fankhauser, S., Jobbins, G., Ludi, E., Qaisrani, A., Rouhaud, E., Simonet, C., Suleri, A. and Tidiane Wade, C. (2020) Private adaptation in semi-arid lands: a tailored approach to ‘leave no one behind’, Global Sustainability, 3, E6. Accessible ici
- Froggatt, A., Rouhaud, E. and Svačinová, T. (2014) 'The Importance of Coherent and Integrated Energy and Agriculture Policies in Meeting EU Climate Change Objectives', in Bakker, C. and Francioni, F. (eds), The EU, the US and Global Climate Governance (Farnham: Ashgate) Accessible ici
- Froggatt, A., Kuzemko, C. and Rouhaud, E. (2013) 'The Energy Security-Climate Nexus and the Environment', in Mitchell, C., Watson, J. and Whiting, J. (eds), New Challenges in Energy Security, The UK in a Multipolar World (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan) Accessible ici
Policy publications and other reports:
- UMFULA (2019) The current and future climate of central and southern Africa: What we have learnt and what it means for decision-making in Malawi and Tanzania (Cape Town: Future Climate for Africa Programme/Climate and Development Knowledge Network) Accessible ici
- Gannon, K., Crick, F., Rouhaud, E., Conway, D. and Fankhauser, S. (2018) Supporting private adaptation to climate change in semi-arid lands in developing countries (London: Pathways to Resilience in Semi-arid Economies/London School of Economics) Accessible ici
- Gannon, K., Crick, F., Fankhauser, S., Conway, D., and Rouhaud, E. (2018) Supporting adaptation to climate change among businesses and households in semi-arid lands: an agenda for the Talanoa Dialogue (London: Pathways to Resilience in Semi-arid Economies/London School of Economics) Accessible ici
- Luff, P., Whitfield, R., Alexander, T., Gupta, A., Kumar, R., Layton, C., Luff, B., Rouhaud, E., and Runacres, M. (2009) Enhancing cooperation: report of the high-level India-EU dialogue (London: Action for a Global Climate Community) Accessible ici
- Rouhaud, E. (2009) How to integrate India’s needs with potential sources of funds from the European Union? Report produced under the project « Renforcement de la coopération climat et développement durable entre l’Union Européenne et l’Inde », Action for a Global Climate Community, London
- Rouhaud, E., Layton, C. and Whitfield, R. (2008) Is the EU-ETS a successful model? Can it form the basis for a wider market? Report produced under the project « Renforcement de la coopération climat et développement durable entre l’Union Européenne et l’Inde », Action for a Global Climate Community, London
- Araujo, J., Harvey, B., Huang, Y., Carter, S. McClure, A., Rouhaud, E., Owiti, Z., Roux, J-P., Vincent, K. and Visman, E. (2020), A critical reflection on learning from the FCFA Programme. Cape Town: Future Climate For Africa. Accessible ici
- Ludi, E. et al (2019) Pathways to Resilience in Semi-arid Economies: Findings, Recommendations and Learnings. London: Overseas Development Institute. Accessible ici
Last revision: January 2022